Sunday 20 October 2013

Warm Bodies

It's quite hard to describe Warm Bodies without giving away too much. And I am quite determined not to include spoilers here; especially after seeing the trailer for Dark Skies on the front of this disk and thinking that it pretty much gave away all of the surprises.

You could say Warm Bodies is a zombie film from the zombies' point of view. Or that it is Romeo and Juliet with zombies. But I'm not even sure I would describe this as a romantic comedy. I don't really know how to describe it. It was amusing in places. Quite sad in others. Always interesting. A bit scary. Ultimately optimistic.

I enjoyed it. Nicholas Hoult and Teresa Palmer are good leads and even John Malkovich doesn't spoil the atmosphere (sorry, I'm not a fan). There's no attempt to over explain; we just see people trying to live their lives (or deaths); and I like that.

I find myself thinking that the best summary is probably "a zombie film for people who don't like zombie films". As for people who do like zombie films...


No comments:

Post a Comment