Thursday 17 October 2013

Lone Star

A friend recommended Lone Star to me years ago. I put it on my rental list and it has been sitting there marked "Currently Unavailable" ever since.

Anyway, I finally got to see it. I really enjoyed it. It is quite long, but doesn't feel it, even though there isn't much action. This is a good story, told at a leisurely pace. The smooth transitions between present and past and back again are very well done; unlike the clumsy flashbacks of so many films.

The focus on a small set of characters allows for a good exploration of the situation, without getting bogged down in too much detail. There is always a lot left unsaid, for the viewer to imagine as they wish.

An excellent film. An interesting journey; with some surprises subtly hidden away.


No comments:

Post a Comment