Friday 11 December 2015

The Maze Runner

I think this came out at about the same time as The Hunger Games and Divergent. So it is a shame that it got compared so unfavourably to those two films. But I guess that was inevitable - it's about young people struggling against a mostly unseen system in an apparently dystopian (future) society.

And I guess it probably is the third best of the three.

But it is still very good. I enjoyed it, anyway.

Young people; strange situation; things start to go wrong; lots of running around being chased by things; escape? not so sure, who's really in control? wait for film 2.

Pretty much the same plot as all the other YA films. So ultimately it's the details that you either buy into or don't. And the characters.

In the case of The Maze Runner I liked the characters and the details. So it worked for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment