Wednesday 16 March 2016

Spoilerman

A friend of mine, who knows I am a Marvel fan, asked me last night why I'm not more excited about Spiderman being in the new Civil War trailer.

Because I haven't seen it and don't want to see it.

The trailer, I mean, not the movie ;)

Why are people so keen to see half of a movie's best bits cut together out of context? How is this going to enhance your enjoyment? Wouldn't it have been a great surprise to see Spiderman springing into action? Even if you knew he was going to be in the movie, at least you wouldn't have already seen him.

Civil War is such a well know story that surprises are already going to be pretty thin on the ground. So why go out of your way to dilute the visual surprise elements as well?

I know who the main protagonists are going to be. I know what the likely shock points are going to be. I know who wins the civil war!

So, since I probably already know more about this movie than any previous Marvel flick, the last thing I want to do is see the characters in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment