Saturday 31 October 2015

Rigor Mortis

I like Korean films, they are always a bit different. This one is a kind of zombie vampire ghost martial arts thriller...

Confusing? Yes it is. It probably didn't help that I drank half a bottle of wine before watching. Or maybe it helped a lot?

The film's plot is a bit baffling. There's an ex actor. Is it ever explained why he quit acting? Not that I noticed. But some of the dialog is a bit rapid for a subtitled movie... In places I just couldn't keep up.

There are ghosts and vampires. And some people who can help the ex actor to fight them.

Still confused? If not then wait for the end. Because I didn't understand that at all.

Which might make you think I didn't enjoy the film. But I did. The plot might be odd, but everything else is really good. The characters are great, and the action, and the effects.

It really should not work. And I wouldn't want to watch a movie like this every day. But this was a refreshing change from the run of the mill predictable fare that I so often end up watching.

Another great Korean movie.

1 comment: