Saturday 7 June 2014

Gravity

Having enjoyed watching Gravity I find myself wondering why I don't remember much about it, a few hours later. It is the sort of film that has a huge visual impact, plenty of shocking scenes and emotional highs and lows... which only work once.

As soon as you know what happens, there's no point in watching it again. In fact I'm afraid to watch it again because those big wow moments just wont be as good next time and that will taint my memory of it.

Why is that? Probably because the story is wafer thin. There is so little room for manoeuvre because there are only a couple of significant characters. We find out some details of their lives, but not much. I think the makers believed that the stunning effects would be enough; but it's not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment