Sunday 30 March 2014

The Crow

One of my favourite films is The Crow starring Brandon Lee. I haven't seen it for a while because my original copy is on VHS and my old player isn't working any more. But I recently spotted the DVD for nearly nothing... so of course I bought it.

Everything conspires to make this the most brilliant dark film ever. Obviously the tragic accidental death of Brandon Lee during filming plays its part; but every performance is good, the music is fantastic, the technical stuff and the director and all the other people who make films, they all did a great job.

You can analyse it all you like, but ultimately you can tell that this was a film that only got finished because the people making it cared enough to finish it. Cynics might say that the money men expected to make a profit from the notoriety of Lee's death. That might be true. But I bet most of the people who worked on this film wanted it to be great for Brandon.

No comments:

Post a Comment