Monday 25 November 2013

The Wolverine

It's a bit strange to write a review for a film you haven't seen. Based on my tastes I should have seen The Wolverine by now. I almost saw it at the cinema. But I was on holiday the week or so it was on the biggest screen here... and I object to paying so much for the smaller screens that are about the size of some of my friends' living rooms. That was July 2013.

Now the DVD / Blu-Ray is out to buy. Why would I buy it though? I'm probably only going to watch it a handful of times... even if it's good. Why add another plastic box to my already cluttered abode. This is November 2013, a whole 4 months after the theatrical release.

Surely I can rent the movie? Actually, no. The movie service I pay for (LoveFilm) says the rental release date is January 2014, almost a whole 6 months after the theatrical release... and 2 months after the DVD release.

Even stranger. I can't even add it to my rental list until it is released! Huh?

I don't know if this is LoveFilm doing something dumb, or the distributor. But since LoveFilm have offered a pretty good service for years, I can make an educated guess.

So how can I respond? What power do I have against this nonsense? One thing, I guess. I wont watch it when it does come out. There you go. This is my review: The Wolverine - I probably would have liked it, but I didn't watch it because the distributor pissed me off so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment