Sunday 21 September 2014

Dragon

Unlike some Chinese martial arts films, Dragon has a compelling and interesting story which also contains some fighting. Rather than being a collection of fight scenes sown together by a weak plot.

In fact there aren't that many fight scenes, so if all you want is action then this isn't the film for you. If you like Sherlock then this definitely is worth a look, as it reminded me a lot of the BBC's latest take on Holmes... with Takeshi Kaneshiro as Holmes and star Donnie Yen as a cross between Dr Watson and a bad guy... since for most of the film we don't know who, or what kind of man, Lui Jinxi really is.

I wish I could do the film more justice by writing more, but I'm very tired, so I can't... if I leave the review too long then I'll forget what it was like. So just take it from me, this is a pretty good film.

1 comment:

  1. Epic! Reminded me of Sherlock in places too!!!

    ReplyDelete