Saturday 19 July 2014

Timecrimes

I've seen Spanish film Los Cronocrimenes three times now and still think it is brilliant.

It just goes to show how you can make a great film on a low budget with good actors and a good story.

Nacho Vigalondo really has made a gem of a film here. There are only a handful of characters and no special effects; but this is my all time favourite time-travel movie. It all comes down to the cleverness of the story and how it is told.

Time-travel films always struggle with paradoxes: what happens if I go back in time and change my own past? Timecrimes has a string of events which gradually unfold through the experiences of Hector. Where many time-travel films leave you rolling your eyes at the liberties that the writers take to fix things, Timecrimes is incredibly consistent and believable throughout.

I can't say much more without spoiling the plot. Watch it and see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment