Monday 26 May 2014

X-Men: Days Of Future Past

There's not a lot of point in reviewing huge blockbuster action films like X-Men: Days of Future Past because there is so much written about them anyway. Usually my expectations are so high that I'm often a bit disappointed by the first viewing and only come to appreciate them later. That's less the case with this one, probably because of the number of new characters that were thrown at me.

I vaguely remembered Bishop from the comics, but had completely forgotten Sunspot and Quicksilver (who was my favourite in this film). The list goes on as this film racks up a large array of X-Men from all corners of the various comic archives. The story is quite good too.

In the future, the Sentinels are really quite scary. You have to roll with the story a bit once the time-travelling starts and the paradox potential ramps up... but on the whole it worked for me. It is quite a long film at 130 minutes and I was a bit worried that it might lose the younger members of my party in the longer actionless scenes but it didn't.

What else? I'm sure I missed a lot. Plenty of time to see it again when the DVD comes out.

Oh, in case you were wondering, the guy at the end of the credits is En Sabah Nur (aka Apocalypse).

No comments:

Post a Comment