Sunday 8 December 2013

Immortals

I've been ill this week; which is a poor excuse for ignoring all the bad reviews and fair warnings and watching Immortals. What a dreadful film!

Dreadful all round. What were they thinking? Complete and utter stinker. There I was, in my sick-bed, looking for something light, something fun and throw-away. I didn't care about mythological accuracy, I could forgive some poor acting, wasn't too bothered about a wobbly script, didn't mind if the action was mindless, expected plot holes and some predictability. But I got all of those in spades. Shocker.

The only mildly high point is the hilarious final battle between the Gods and the Titans. After the Gods teleport into the mountain through the hole at the top and kill more Titans than there seemed to be in the box at the start; there are still more Titans than there were at the start left over to kill all the Gods except Zeus. I guess that's why the Titans are scary, because you can fit so many of them in such a small box? It must be that, because they can't even jump out of a small hole to escape when Zeus collapses the mountain by pulling on a couple of chains... before teleporting away with his maybe-not-dead daughter.

Oh yes; that last bit made me laugh so much I almost got better instantly. Thank you. If only Immortals were properly classified as a comedy then maybe it would have got better reviews :)

No comments:

Post a Comment