Wednesday 13 April 2022

Unpaid balance on your AdSense account

 The reason I removed ads from this blog (years ago) was that after several years of posting I still hadn't received enough revenue to get paid and it annoyed me a bit that Google were just sitting on that money. It wasn't much to me, but if there were thousands or millions of people in the same situation then Google were benefiting hugely. So I cancelled my AdSense account and expected to get the £20 or so sent to me. I expected it to take a while. But, 4 years later, after forgetting about it completely, I got this on March 31 2022:

Hello,
As a part of our internal audit we have identified an unpaid balance of 20.55GBP on your AdSense account pub-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX that is owed to you.
If you wish to receive your payment, you will need to log into your AdSense account at google.com/adsense, and take the following action in order for us to process your payment. If you have trouble logging in, please use this troubleshooter.        

 What? So they just realised that they didn't pay me, admit that they owe me and now want me to log into the account that I closed 4 years ago to "fix" the problem. This is just another scam. They know I can't log into the account, because it is closed. They know I already did all the things they listed as "reasons why I might not have been paid" because those were pre-requisites for closing the account with a refund.

I bet there is a report somewhere where some Google exec says "We always pay our content creators; unfortunately a small percentage fail to provide all the details we require (so we keep the money)".

Google still owes me £20.55

No comments:

Post a Comment