Tuesday 26 August 2014

Planet of Snail

What is the film Planet of Snail about? After watching the first 1/3 I don't know. I don't even know the names of the two main characters. Call me impatient if you like, but that's not a start which is likely to keep me watching.

The main guy is blind. I think he is also deaf; but can't be sure, because I thought the main girl was talking to him at one point. She also does this unusual thing where she looks like she's playing piano on his fingers... which I guess means he is deaf.

She is very short. I can't tell if that is the only unusual thing about her. Is she his friend, sister, wife, girlfriend or a professional carer? Again, I don't know because the film moves at a snail's pace and makes no concessions to people who want to know what is going on.

Is that the point? This guy's life moves at a snails pace?

Just before I gave up on it, I sat through ten minutes of this couple trying to replace a light-bulb. OK, so it was an unusually complicated light-bulb... she can't reach, he can't see... they get  there in the end.

I wasn't sure if this was supposed to be celebrating their independence or mocking them. I hope the former, but it was really hard to tell.

Sorry, but I just didn't get into this at all. Boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment